Falmouth Baptist Church began as a small group of people who “came together to worship” in 1829. Ten years later this group had grown large enough to warrant building a church on Mountain Road in Falmouth. The original church building still stands today, though it has been through many renovations and expansions over the past two centuries.
In 2010 the sanctuary underwent extensive remodeling to make it more contemporary. Gone are the old half-walls that divided the clergy from the people. Red carpet gave way to earth-tones, and a new platform was constructed to make room for the growing number of musicians in the Praise Team. A drop-down screen allows for praise choruses and message illustrations to be projected. The new sanctuary retains a bit of the feel of a traditional New England church… but without the limitations.